We all need them.
Stocking stuffers, gifts for teachers, hairdressers, coworkers, the hostess of the party or that guest that might pop in at the last minute. The gifts for people that you might not be sure what to get them, but what you want is something that most anyone would like. I’ll give you a few suggestions of my favorite go-to gifts, and I’d love to hear some suggestions from yours. (Because I’m not done shopping!)
- Books (Really? You didn’t know this would be my number 1?)
- Journals (I’m a writer, remember? Any office product has my name written all over it and I only assume others would love them as well.)
- Speaking of office products: cute tablets, awesome pens, colorful sticky notes (who has enough sticky notes? I could wallpaper a room with mine)
- Picture frames (For people, unlike me, who get those photos out of cyberspace)
- Big candy bars (no explanation needed and if you don’t like chocolate, I’m open to having them re-gifted back to me)
- Lottery tickets (Cause your gift could be bumped up into super-awesome…but just remember the generous person who bought it for you..key word there- generous.)
- Bath and body lotions – because everyone wants to be sweet smelling (My guest author Sloane knows everybody loves this! It’s part of her prize package!)
Speaking of my guest… check out Sloane B. Collins book! Could be a great gift for a friend, sister, coworker…or you!
Love Redesigned by Sloane B. Collins
Give American cake artist Genevieve Haywood a picture of anything, and she’ll turn it into a sweet and decadent creation. She’s not going to let hard work or competition stop her from opening her dream business. But when she’s hired as the cake artist for her cousin’s wedding in France, she never expected to run into the French fashion designer who broke her heart fifteen years ago.
Roman Duchaine is done with living life in the fast lane. Tired of being in the haute couture spotlight, he’s moved back to the small French village where he was born and raised.
Roman’s ready to settle down and have a family until the lost love of his life arrives for his cousin’s wedding. Seeing her reminds him just how devastating falling in love can be.
Their fragile truce is meant to last through the wedding, yet every second together makes their attraction and long-buried feelings undeniable. But old habits and hurts die hard, and while Roman is ready to weave their lives together, Genevieve can’t afford to lose herself in his shadow.
Pick up your copy today from Amazon.
As part of The 12 Days of Christmas celebration, Sloane donated a Paris-scented shower gel/lotion/mist set to the prize list. Click HERE for this and many more random drawings. To follow the celebration, find a new recipe, pick up a holiday decorating or shopping tip, click HERE.
About the Author
Debut author, Sloane Burke Collins, is thrilled to be a Soul Mate author. Her novella Love Redesigned won 1st place in the Contemporary category of the 2013 Indiana Golden Opportunity contest. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Dallas Area Romance Authors, and Contemporary Romance Writers.
Since Sloane and her husband love to travel, she has vowed to write a novel set in just about every place they visit. From the wilds of Maine, to the rocky coast of Oregon, to the lush paradise of Oahu, and the rolling hills of Ireland, all of it is fodder for Sloane to craft stories of love, intrigue, and perhaps a Paranormal or two.
Sloane is a fifth-generation Texan, and after a stint in Missouri and Florida, she is back home now and lives in the Dallas area with her husband of over twenty-six years, and their four rambunctious cats (all named after characters in her favorite Julia Quinn novel).