Welcome to my stop for the 2016 Snarkology Halloween Hop!
Ahh, it’s the time of year when people’s thoughts turn to fall, and Halloween. When people are a little more accepting of things out of the ordinary, and seize the opportunity to be a kid again.
Although I write about magic and witches, I never dressed up as a witch when I was a kid. Why is that you say?
Reasons Why I’d never Survive as an “Old School” Witch
- I love makeup too much
- Old-school witches are depicted with overgrown eyebrows, warts, and were referred to as “hags”
- The big, black cauldron
- I have a bad back. Moving that thing around would be impossible. In retrospect, perhaps that’s why so many witches were depicted with the hunched over posture- the cauldron had already done their back in
- The Token Cat
- I love cats, but the hubby is allergic—one will have to go.
- The Dark Dreary Setting
- It’s always dark in their house. The first thing I do is open the blinds & let the sunlight in.
- Bye-bye Cleaning
- Now this could be a good thing…except for all the spider webs (complete with spiders) that come with it.
- Poisoning the Apples
- I enjoy apples. Too much. I might accidently pick up one of the spare poison ones and eat it before I realize my mistake
Witches—Bringing Sexy Back
Luckily, thanks to shows like Bewitched & Charmed, as well as movies like Practical Magic & The Craft, the image of witches became a little more appealing.
Speaking of sexy witches…
Let me know in the comments if you could survive as an old-school witch for a chance to win a randomly chosen copy of
Grandma Must Die
Don’t Forget to Enter the Rafflecopter & Follow the Hop for your Chance to Win More Great Prizes!
She’s a witch hunting a spell. He’s hunting witches and falling for her.
Carman has worn out more towns and last names than impractical shoes protecting the secret of her magic blood. But when a friend goes missing, and another is infected with a deadly spell, Carman must choose. Expose her magic blood by curing the spell—or stop the infection from spreading by killing the source…the grandmother.