When an author has a party, it’s one of the few parties that you aren’t expected to bring a gift, you might get one! It’s also one of the few parties that usually happens online, or in the author’s mind as they silently celebrate. Thus, celebrating the release of my newest book, Evil Speaks Softly, won’t be any different.
Except this book birthday happens to be during a paranormal author’s favorite time of the year. What I lovingly refer to as, paranormal season. Therefore, there’s a whole lot of fun spook-tacular stuff going on packed with prizes and I’m sharing them all here for your one stop for all your treats this Halloween!
Let’s Get This Party Started off by introducing you to my
October 11th Release
The 2nd Place Winner of 2015 Golden Palm Contest of the Florida Romance Writer’s Paranormal Category—Evil Speaks Softly
Evil Speaks Softly
Everyone has a story to tell. Even the dead.
They were never supposed to meet. Fame came easy for Liv by following in the footsteps of the female writers in her family. The cycle repeated for decades…until Liv changed the story. Her villain doesn’t like the revision—and he isn’t a fictional character. In his story, the bad guy always wins.
They were never supposed to find love. Liv never questioned her demanding nocturnal muse, or the strange incidents in her old, family home until she met Gage. His job was to watch her from afar, not reveal the truth about the curse and the stories of the dead. They’ve broken all the rules. Together they unravel secrets as they strive to stop the cycle. Liv’s ability to find love, and protect her loved ones, hangs on the fickle whims of the dead—and they’ve got nothing to lose.
Follow the Spook-tacular Fun All Month Long
If you’ve seen me this month—or most likely you haven’t and now you’ll know why—you might’ve wondered why I look even more exhausted than usual.
Was it the lingering spirits from Evil Speaks Softly? The excitement of the Halloween vibe? Maybe. But also because I’ve been gearing up for all this fun!
- Visit Kate Hill’s Halloween Page and Find Out What Happens On a Cold, Dark Night…
- I’m Spotlighted on Diane Burton’s Blog on Oct 11th
- Because I’ve got magic and can clone myself, you’ll also find me at Linda Mooney‘s blog on Oct 11th
- Sharing author tips at Casi McLean’s Blog on October 12th
- Talking about How to Write What You Know When You Write Paranormal at the Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal (FF &P) Blog on October 12th
- On October 16th I’m at Delilah Devlin’s Blog talking about how author’s biographies inspire me, and how it helped inspire Evil Speaks Softly
- On October 17th I’m interviewed at Darlene Fredette’s Blog Finding the Right Words
- The tables are turned on me and I’m being interviewed on Linda Carroll-Bradd’s blog Musings About the Writing Life on October 18th
- Evil Speaks Softly is spotlighted by fellow TWRP author Rebecca Grace on her blog My Writing Corner on October 19th
- Joan Reeves let me crash her Thursday3Some on her Slingwords blog on October 19th
- I’m visiting Susan Winter’s Create on The Side blog on October 21st talking about balancing writing with day-to-day life
- As Halloween gets closer, the spotlight is on Evil Speaks Softly on Connie Brete’s Blog on October 24th
- Visit me at Mariposa’s Musings on October 29th and we’ll talk about inspiration and the writing life
- Let’s talk Halloween costumes at Lois Winston’s blog on October 30th
Want a Taste of What Goes Bump in The Night?
“I met this strange man at the bar last night. He told me some really weird
I paused. When she remained silent, I continued. “He said it was related to my writing.” She watched me with the fascination of one who desperately wanted to look away but couldn’t. As if a deer blinded to the oncoming headlights, she was fixated, trapped. “He said to talk to you.”
I searched her face. I knew my Grams. When resignation settled on her features a knot clenched in my stomach from either fear, or the excitement of validating Gage didn’t fabricate the story. Perhaps he wasn’t crazy.
Grams slowly closed her eyes and opened them again. “He found you?”
She turned to stare out the frosted window where the birdfeeder sat frozen over from the recent snow. “I can’t believe he took that risk. Watchers are never to approach the Recorders. It could totally upset the balance.” She worried her lower lip between her teeth.
When she used the same terms as Gage, my anxiety elevated. I expected her to deny his claims and then we’d laugh about the incident. “Grams, please tell me. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I took a deep breath. “Some weird things happened last night. Occasionally I notice unusual things, but it’s an old house and I have an active imagination, but this time it scared me.”
Discomforting Thoughts About the Author & Evil Speaks Softly:
- As a writer who ‘writes by the seat of her pants’ Maureen’s relentless characters can be demanding in wanting their story told and often have their own agenda. They just aren’t ruthless spirits and there’s no ancient curse…that she’s aware of.
- The herniated disc Maureen suffered from while writing this story may have leaked a little extra darkness into the tale.
- Maureen’s first house had a restless spirit.
- Twins run in Maureen’s family—just no feisty triplets.
- Maureen has no knowledge of wrestling but she did watch some WWF back in the day for entertainment.
- Maureen believes she has had sleep paralysis in the past.
- Nighttime spirits don’t terrify Maureen much since she’s up at the crack of dawn and can barely stay awake after 9:30 p.m.
So Many Ways to Enter For a Chance To Win Treats!
Trick or treat, smell my—nope! No tricks here! All treats! Check out all the places you can enter to win treats this month. Click on the link or the photo to lead you to the treats and don’t forget to enter my Rafflecopter at the end of the post.
Better Hurry and Enter to Win a $5 Amazon Gift Card and an ebook from my backlist- the New Release Giveaway at The Paranormal Romance Guild Ends on October 14th! Check it out right here.
- Connie Brete’s Newsletter – check it out right here and enter for a chance to win free books
- Check out Debbie Fritter’s newsletter right here
Here’s a few awesome treats you can give an author and her frightful and funny new release:
- The most important way you can support Evil Speaks Softly’s launch is to write a review as soon as possible. (P.S. a review doesn’t have to be detailed, even a few words will do.)
- Follow me on Facebook or Twitter and retweet and share posts about the book release- Here’s one on Facebook to share
- Once you have Evil Speaks Softly in your hot little hands, post a photo of the book/and or kindle right here. It would look especially cool with your Halloween or Fall decor, but any photo will do (Check out the extra entries you get on my rafflecopter for doing this.)
- Share this tweet:
#Win some treats & check out Evil Speaks Softly-a ghost #story just in time for #Halloween Click To Tweet
In general, just recommend the book to all your peeps who love a little paranormal, things that go bump in the night or enjoy a good ghost story. Thank you so much for celebrating with me!